Sangria might be the best known Spanish cocktail. It is one of the essential of Spanish Tapas evenings. This beverage is very popular as it’s refreshing and gourmet at the same time!
Try the traditional recipe of the Sangria like below or make your own!
– 1.5 bottles of young table wine
– 2 oranges
– 1 lemon
– 1 cinnamon stick
– 3 tablespoons sugar
– 1 green apple
– 2 peaches or apricots
– carbonated beverage: lemon soda, orange soda or soda water
1. Dissolve the sugar in two tablespoons of water over a low flame to create a clear simple syrup. Let cool.
2. Wash the oranges and cut off thick pieces of rind before juicing the oranges.
3. Juice the oranges.
4. Wash the lemon and cut off pieces of rind before juicing the lemon.
5. Juice the lemon.
6. In a large pitcher or bowl, stir together the wine, simple syrup, orange juice and lemon juice and add in the chunks of lemon and orange rind. If making a truly traditional Spanish sangria, simply add the cinnamon stick and let sit at least two hours before serving over ice. This allows the sangria to take on the aromas of the fruit rind and cinnamon stick.
7. If you want to make a slightly more modern version add in chopped up chunks of green apple and peach. For the modern version you can also top off with a carbonated beverage right before serving for some bubbles.
Fruity or fizzy? Red or white? Here’s how to easily make your own tasty sangria recipe by choosing from the ingredients below!