Don’t know anything in Spanish and going to Barcelona, Madrid or Mexico?
When you’re planning a trip to a Spanish-speaking country, it’s helpful to know some basic Spanish travel vocabulary to make your journey smoother and more enjoyable. From checking in at your hotel to ordering food at a restaurant, here are some essential Spanish travel phrases to help you navigate your way through your travels.
- Hola – Hello A friendly greeting that can be used in any situation.
- Por favor – Please This polite request can be used when asking for something, such as directions or assistance.
- Gracias – Thank you A simple and important phrase to express your gratitude.
- ¿Dónde está…? – Where is…? This phrase can be used to ask for directions to a specific location, such as a tourist attraction or your hotel.
- ¿Cuánto cuesta? – How much does it cost? A useful phrase to know when shopping or bargaining for souvenirs.
- Quiero… – I want… Use this phrase to order food or drinks at a restaurant or café.
- No entiendo – I don’t understand If you’re struggling to communicate, this phrase can be helpful to let someone know you need clarification.
- Baño – Bathroom This word is helpful to know when you need to find a restroom.
- Tren/autobús – Train/bus Knowing these two words will help you navigate public transportation options.
- Adiós – Goodbye A simple way to say farewell and thank someone for their help or assistance.
With these essential Spanish travel phrases, you’ll be able to communicate more effectively and enjoy your travels to the fullest. Don’t be afraid to practice your Spanish while traveling – locals will appreciate your efforts and it’s a great way to learn more about the language and culture.