If any of the points below is unclear, please contact us, we will be happy to clarify it for you.
Spanish Studio is a brand own by French Language Studio Pte Ltd. In these terms and conditions ‘we’, ‘our’, ‘school’ or ‘French Studio’ ‘Spanish Studio’ refers to French Language Studio Pte. Ltd. ‘You’ refers to the student, prospective student or parent/guardian.
Registration and fees
- Payment must be received in full before the start date of the course. Until we receive full payment, your space will not be confirmed.
- We are unable to accept payment by installments or pro-rata
- Course fees are non-refundable and non-transferable
- French Language Studio Pte. Ltd reserves the right to reschedule any course and to assign any teacher to any class.
- If you choose to pay for your private tuition by the hour, French Language Studio Pte. Ltd cannot guarantee a fixed schedule for your classes, or teacher availability. Your lesson and teacher will only be confirmed once payment is made.
- In order to reserve a class day, bookings must be made at least 3 working days before the reserved date. Bookings are subjected to our teacher’s availability.
- Payment for private tuition must be made 24 hours after the booking to confirm your class. French Language Studio Pte. Ltd reserve the right to allocate your reserved dates to other students if the payment is not made.
- If you are running late for your class, please inform the school. Please note that the lesson time can’t be extended.
- Lessons can be cancelled and rescheduled, providing at least 24 hours notice is given prior to the scheduled lesson. Students must notify us in writing (via email to email@example.com), if they wish to cancel and reschedule a class.
- If you fail to attend a class, or do not provide at least 24 hours notice to cancel and reschedule, French Language Studio Pte. Ltd reserves the right tp charge you the total cost of the missed class.
- If a student frequently cancels their lessons, then we reserve the right to reassign their allocated time slot to another student. Future tuition will then have to be booked on a lesson by lesson basis, according to the teachers availability. Please note, this means that every lesson for the remainder of your class package, may be held on a different day and at a different time. .
- In the event of sickness on the day of a class, a medical certificate will be required if you are unable to attend. A copy of the certificate must be emailed to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org, and be received the same day as the missed class. Students must also inform their teacher a minimum of 3 hours prior to their class that they will be unable to attend. If a medical certificate is received and your teacher has been informed (in accordance with the above), you will not be charged for the missed class.
- Prices advertised on our website are for classes held at French Language Studio Pte. Ltd premises only. For classes held off site, an additional transportation fee will be applied depending on the location.
- If the student is aged 16 or under, an adult must be at home and contactable during the lesson.
- Class packages must be fully used within the set time of: 10 hours package is valid for 3 months, 15 hours packages is valid for 5 months, 25 hours package is valid for 8 months
- Class packages validity start from the date of purchase. After package expiration, any hours not used will be lost.
- Package extension is only possible under the following circumstances:
– Holiday / Travel (proof of travel required)
– Sickness (Medical certificate required – must be send at least 3 hours prior the class)
– Unavailability of the teacher. In this case, Spanish Studio will try and allocate you a replacement teacher. However, if this is not possible we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule the lesson.
Semi-private class specific rule
- Semi-private group classes will have to be organised and arranged by the students. In order to cancel or reschedule a semi-private class, we will require a written notification via email to email@example.com 24 hours before your scheduled class.
- When there is at least a 24 hour notification in advance, and if one or more of the students in your semi-private group cannot attend the class you have 3 options.
Example: ‘A’ & ‘B’ are in a 2 person semi-private class. ‘A’ is not able to come for class but ‘B’ is.
Option 1 – both do not come, class is cancelled, neither is charged.
Option 2 – ‘A’ & ‘B’ will both be charged for 1 hour class (at semi-private class rate)
Option 3 – ‘B’ decide to have a private class. He will have to pay for 1 hour private class. (at private class rate)
- Decision made of how you would like to proceed with the class has to be made by the students and/or the parent or guardian in charge. The decisions made are held liable to the students and / or their parents/ guardians. It’s important that all students and/or all their parents/guardians within the same semi-private group agree with the decision taken.
French Language Studio Pte Ltd will not be held liable for any decisions made by the students and / or parents/guardians
- When there is no 24 hour notification, and if one or more or none of the students in your group can’t attend the class, the class will be counted and both students will be charged as per the semi-private group rate the students are in.
- Your space on a course will only be confirmed once full payment has been received.
- Fees are strictly not refundable or transferable. Once the payment in made, no change is allowed on the date and time of the class.
- French Language Studio Pte. Ltd needs to have a minimum number of students registered before a course can start . If we are unable to run a course due to the minimum number of students not being met, we will offer students who have already paid the following options:
– To join another class of the same level or wait for the next training term
– To convert group class credit into private class credit (using private class rate)
– Obtain a full refund
- Special combo package (20 hours group class + 2 hours private tuition):
– The two hours of private tuition must be used during the same term as the group tuition. Lessons must be booked at least 2 weeks before the end of term.
- All course fees are non-refundable or transferable. French Studio does not accept any responsibility for changes in a student’s circumstances that prevents them from attending once payment is received.
- At the sole discretion of French Language Studio Pte. Ltd, adult students may be offered a make-up class if they are not able to attend a lesson due to sickness. However, French Studio is not obliged in any way to arrange a make-up class and cannot guarantee that one will be available.
- If a make-up class is possible, students will be offered the opportunity to join another class of a similar level – provided that it fits within the school’s schedule and that the school agrees. The make-up class must be taken within the same period and level as your current term and students are only permitted to attend a maximum of 2 make-up classes per term.
- French Studio is not able to arrange make-up classes for children.
- For children studying French in Lieu of Mother Tongue or as a Second or Third Language, any document relating to the Ministry of Education (MOE) will be given within 14 days of the request and payment being made. If the child decides to stop learning French in lieu of mother tongue, French Language Studio Pte. Ltd will immediately inform the school and the MOE.
French Language Studio Pte. Ltd responsibility, Safety And Behavior Rules
- Students are not allowed to take pictures, or record video/audio on the school premises without permission. The same applies if lessons are held off site.
- For safety reasons, parents / guardians are not allowed to wait for their child inside the school while lessons take place
- Parents / guardians must ensure their child is on time for their class.
- Parents / guardians must pick up their child on time, at the official end of the lesson. French Language Studio Pte. Ltd will not be responsible for children after their class.
- French Language Studio Pte. Ltd will not be held liable for personal injury, death, property damage or loss suffered by a student or parent/guardian while on French Studio premises, attending French Studio events, or while attending classes off site.
- French Language Studio Pte. Ltd will not be held liable if a student misses any classes. It’s the responsibility of the students and the child’s parents for their attendance.
- French Language Studio Pte. Ltd is not responsible for any exam scores achieved by students.
- Students must behave respectfully towards their teacher, other students and the school’s material/furniture. We will not tolerate any abusive behaviour, physical or verbal. In the case of damage to school property, the student / their parents / guardian will be held responsible and will bear any repair costs.
- French Studio Pte Ltd reserves the right to immediately expel students if there are continuous behaviour problems, or if behaviour is deemed inappropriate or abusive. This relates to both student and parents/guardian behaviour. No fees will be refunded.
- Unless otherwise informed, pictures & videos made by French Language Studio Pte. Ltd can be used for communication and marketing purposes both online and in print. If at any time you no longer wish for your photo, or your child’s photo to be used, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photographs, audio recordings and video recordings during online classes, will be taken while attending any classes and events organised by French Language Studio Pte Ltd. By attending or participating in our classes and activities, you are giving us consent to use such recordings of you for security, publicity and/or archival purposes.
- French Language Studio Pte. Ltd will make all reasonable efforts to run courses and deliver lessons as advertised and agreed. However, as we must arrange our classes efficiently, we reserve the right to make reasonable changes to our schedule, number of classes, location of classes, syllabus and/or the teacher assigned to your class.
- Your personal information will be used in line with French Language Studio Pte. Ltd standards.
- French Studio will only use your information for the purposes it was collected.
- French Language Studio Pte. Ltd will never sell or disclose your personal details to third parties for commercial reasons.
- Under the Personal Data Protection Act you have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold on you, and the right to ask us to correct any inaccurate information.
- If you want more information about this, or have any questions regarding our terms and conditions, contact French Language Studio Pte. Ltd: email@example.com